DAWN OF THE DEAD 2004
"So, yes, Dawn of the Dead works and it delivers just about what you expect when you buy your ticket."-Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times
"...bright, sleek and sharp, as well as properly scary in all the right places." -Margaret A. McGurk, Cincinnati Enquirer
"...a gross-out great time..." -E! Online
"Romero's satire is largely replaced by a sardonic gallows humor...but otherwise it's a bloody entertaining zombie apocalypse."-Sean Axmaker, Seattle Post-Intelligencer
Quotes from Dawn of the Dead:
Kenneth: Is everyone there dead?
C.J.: What the fuck does that mean?
Steve: Well, dead in the sense that they fell down. Then they got back up. Then they started eating each other.
Michael: we need to think of a way to fortify this place
Cj: You need to drink a tall glass of Shut The Fuck Up.
Michael: We have to get some food over there!
Steve: I know lets draw straws and the Loser runs across the Lot with a HAM sandwich
his last line
CJ: Fucking figures!
Steve: It's nice to see that you've all of you bonded though this disaster. It's such a shame this whole "end of the world" thing is holding you back
Televangelist: When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.
The County Sheriff: You have to shoot them in the head.
writing on a board to Andy who is stranded on a rooftop across the parking lot
writing a response back
CJ: Hey... I like this song.
Steve: Rosie O'Donnell! Tell him to shoot Rosie!
Kennth: Fuck Y'all
Trivia about Dawn of the Dead:
- Actors Ken Foree, Scott H. Reiniger and Tom Savini all appeared in the original 1978 version of this film, but playing different characters.
- Members of Rue-Morgue Magazine, a Canadian-based publication had cameo's as zombies in the film.
- The WGON Traffic Copter makes an appearance. The WGON traffic Copter was the main transportation for the survivor in the original Dawn of the Dead (1978).
- When the survivors initially look at the mall, one of the large department stores signs reads, "GAYLEN ROSS". Gaylen Ross played Fran, in the original film.
- One of the invoices in "Andy's Gun Works" is made out to Nicholas Gazda who is the first assistant art director of this movie.
- The same trucking company trucks were used outside the mall as in the first dawn of the dead. The company is B.P. Trucking.
- Certain stores in the mall did not want to be featured in the movie, the same thing happened while filming the original Dawn of the Dead (1978).
WRITER: JAMES GUNN
DIRECTOR: ZACK SNYDER
PRODUCERS: UNIVERSAL PICTURES and STRIKE ENTERTAINMENT
"DAWN OF THE DEAD - In a contemporary retelling of the classic film, a group of people seek refuge in a shopping mall from a world-wide flesh-eating zombie infestation. When it becomes clear that no help will come they decide to make a break through zombie country for the ocean and a zombie-free island where they can start over. "
LOCATIONS: "Dawn of the Dead: Filming on the remake is set to start shooting in Toronto in early June - either the 'Eaton Centre' or the 'Warden Woods Mall' will be used."
This location was destroyed after the film was completed, according to FANGORIA.
CAST: Michael Kelly, Jake Weber, Sarah Polley, Ving Rhames, Mekhi Phifer, Inna Korobkina and Michael Barry
CAMEOS: Tom Savini (Make-up effects master for DAWN OF THE DEAD also Blade, one of the many motorcyclists in the finale of the fil, Director of NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD), David Emge, and Ken Foree.
HOMAGES: One store in the mall is named GAYLEN ROSS, for the actress who played Fran. She couldn't fit the filming of the remake in her schedule.